Sunday, April 19

being still

I decided to take a little rest today under this tree today, what a view it was.

I lay there looking up through the budding Japanese Cherry Tree limbs while listening to birds sing their spring song and smelling fresh cut grass I sorted through things I should be doing in my head.

sure was a soft clump of grass to lay on...and not a bit wet!

my serenader..well, one of them. I also saw a black capped chickadee up there singing his heart out.
nothing got done here...my hands are just a itchin' to get some seed planted and fencing up...but not right now. Time will come soon enough, right?

Later on in the afternoon I did manage to get some photos of some bags that I have made. Aliss and her friend Leslie jumped at the words models and photo shoot.
What sweeties!
They were the best models too.

The patchwork bag was so fun to make. I started out laying out these little pieces of leather that were given to me from a furniture showroom. I love the idea that these fabrics were destined to nothing but instead became a bag.

I love the colors of these little pieces of leather. Once I got the main part of the front done I built the rest of the bag around it...then added a sweet removable leather flower pin too.Some cute purses and clutches...my kids call the clutches robot clutches with the grommets being the eyes and the flap the mouth.
Too cute!
The bags even made it into listings in my shop.

Lori

No comments: