Tuesday, July 8

Our 4th...

Well, I guess I will give you a break from more food blogging. I didn't realize how passionate I can be about feeding my family. Before I move on though--Has anyone tried soaking the oatmeal the night before and how do you like it compared to just cooking it that morning?We had a fun 4th of July hanging out here at home. The kids went with their Dad earlier on in the day to a fun festival along the river that has huge blow up toys to climb all over and ate cotton candy and all sorts of junk. For the rest of the day we hung out in the neighborhood chatting with neighbors and eating potato salad, the yummy dessert I made with red, white and blue fruit and watching the many beautiful fireworks.Aliss (14) lighting snakes for her younger sisters-
can ya tell by the hundreds of matches that it was windy out?
I stole away to my sewing room more often this past week and got a few new bags made. It was so much fun to be able to mix and match fabrics again. I have two Geranium bags ; the one above in yellow that's already in the shop and one that I am putting in my shop tomorrow in mauve and green. These two bags are almost 100% upcycled/ repurposed (whatever the correct term is now days). I love working with the fabrics from the furniture showroom to make bags, the colors are so beautiful and the bags end up so durable.I also am on an orange kick this summer. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this bright orange color. There is just something about gingham and flower prints together. This bag has a fun pocket inside the shape of an orange slice!
They are both in my shop along with other fun summer stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great holiday! and I LOVE that orange bag.