Wednesday, July 23

easy lunch

Tuna-Cheesy Melts...at least that is what we call them. We came upon this by chance a long time ago (we didnt have enough bread left for all of us to have lunch and I didnt want to go to the store while hungry for lunch-or something like that).

lay bread on a cookie sheet, mix up tuna and mayo in a bowl and spread on the bread, sprinkle on or lay on your favorite cheese (we like mozzarella or cheddar), slide under the broiler element and stick around they melt fast and then start to burn just as fast. Don't ask me how I know.

We have been enjoying some flowers from around the yard this summer. The pink rose was planted in my yard by an elderly neighbor who taught me a lot about taking care of my yard when I was twenty something. He planted it while Tessa (1 or 2 at the time) and I were across town. We came home to a lovely surprise. Hannah has taken over that rose bush and Sophie has claimed the one beside it: a very dark red rose.

No comments: